With Skype, learning language online is a breeze!
The main benefits of learning Thai via Skype are:
- Saves time (no travel time to and from class).
- Saves energy (fighting Bangkok traffic can be tiring).
- Saves petrol (gives a smaller carbon footprint).
- Saved records (chat + recordings).
Skype offers the opportunity to keep better records of your lessons via audio recordings and chat. And the sound quality is better because lessons are recording from computer to computer, not in a classroom where external noises crowd in.
Skype has two tools I use to teach Thai:
- The chat box, where the students and I type in both English and Thai.
- The second party recording software that automatically records each lesson.
Please note that I do not use Skype’s video because it can disrupt my student’s concentration. It’s also known to slow down the internet connection, interrupting the class.
If you don’t have Skype, you can download it from skype.com.